Light Switches and Dimmers in Houston, TX
Enhance the ambiance in your house with dimmers, or save energy with light switches. These give you better control over the lighting in your home, while letting you create a more comfortable environment. Call our electrical contractors at Allsource Electrical Technologies for appointments in Houston, TX. We offer fair and honest prices.
Save energy and money with LED lights. Call our electricians for LED lighting installation services.
What Are Dimmer Switches?
Dimmer switches can provide much-needed ambiance and energy savings to your house.
These devices can dim the lighting in a room to give you the amount of light you desire. You can use the unit to adjust the brightness of various areas of your house or building, depending on your needs and preferences.
This helps reduce your utility bills by saving energy. The dimmers reduce the amount you are using to light each room and improve the ambiance in your home.
To schedule dimmer switch replacements and repairs at your Houston home, call our electrical contractors at Allsource Electrical Technologies.
Areas To Install Dimmer Switches
Dimmers can be installed in any room in your house. While our electricians have installed them in a variety of places in homes, some places they recommend include:
- Bathroom: These units can let you dim the lights first thing in the morning as you’re adjusting to the sun’s brightness. They can also help you relax at night while taking a hot bath.
- Bedroom: Installing these devices in your bedroom can help you lower the lights to make you sleepy and get you ready for bedtime.
- Kitchen: These units give you the versatility to make lights bright when you need them for cooking and softer late at night when you only need dim light in the area for midnight snacks.
- Hallways: Dim the lights to act as a night light overnight to increase safety in your home.
- Living room: Lower the lights when watching TV or a movie to create a more relaxing environment.
- Porch: These devices can provide enhanced security to help keep intruders away by dimming the lights at night on your porch.
Don’t waste time trying to find a public charging station for your electric vehicle. Contact us to learn about our electric vehicle charging station installation services.
Common Types of Light Switches
There are many types of light switches you can install in your house. Some of the most common varieties are:
- Single Pole Light Switch: This is the most common type of switch installed in homes. These are typically used when you just want to turn a light on and off and are used for general lighting fixtures. These have one input contact and one output contact.
- Three-Way Light Switches: These can control several lights from more than one location. These are usually installed in hallways or stairways, so you can turn the lights on and off from various places. These have an extra terminal and don’t have defined On/Off markings. The lights will turn on or off depending on what part of the room the switch is being activated. So if you have one switch in the On placement, but turn off the light at the other end of the hallway, the light will turn off but the other switch will still be in an upward position.
- Dimmer Light Switch: These give you more control over the lighting in a room. These allow you to adjust the brightness in a room based on your current needs. These need to be paired with dimmer-capable lighting fixtures, bulbs, and lamps.
- Push Botton Light Switch: Another popular light switch is a push button switch. These are most often found in bathrooms, being used to turn on a fan.
- Smart Light Switches: You can also install WiFi-compatible smart light switches that can be controlled from your smartphone or tablet. These can also be paired with other smart home devices.
Add light switches and dimmers to your house to add ambiance. Call Allsource Electrical Technologies at 281-451-4245 for appointments in Harris County. We only hire trustworthy technicians.