Smoke Detector Installation in Houston, TX
Your family’s best defense against a fire in your home is a working smoke detector. To ensure these function properly, it’s essential that they’re installed correctly and replaced on time. Give your household peace of mind and hire the pros to do the work! Call Allsource Electrical Technologies for smoke detector replacements in Houston, TX. We guarantee satisfaction!
Keep the lights on during the next power outage. Learn about our whole-house generator services.
How To Properly Install Smoke Detectors
Are your home’s smoke detectors installed in the right areas of your house? Are they working properly? To ensure your units work correctly, use these steps to check them:
- Check each monitor at least once a month.
- Install the proper amount of devices throughout your property.
- Place a monitor outside each bedroom in your house.
- Install a device on each floor of the building or home.
- Install monitors that are connected, so if one alarm sounds they all do to ensure they can be heard throughout the property.
- Take caution when installing a device near the kitchen as smoke from cooking can trigger false alarms.
- Install units with strobe lights in properties to alert anyone with hearing issues to the fire.
- Hire an electrician to correctly install the alarms and check on their functionality
When To Replace Smoke Detectors
Protect your family by ensuring smoke detectors are working properly. It’s essential to replace them before they completely malfunction.
Some signs that can indicate you need to replace your smoke detectors can include:
- You should replace your property’s smoke detectors at least every 10 years, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) recommends. You should replace any devices older than 10 years as soon as possible. Hire an electrician to install new units, or to check the age of your current devices if you are uncertain.
- False alarms. If your devices are giving you false alarms it could mean there is an issue with the sensor. Have an electrician inspect the units to determine if they should be replaced.
Keep your family safe by installing a carbon monoxide monitor. Contact us to learn more details!
Test Your Smoke Detectors To Ensure They Work
Households need to regularly test their smoke detectors to make sure they work properly. Some tips our electricians provide include:
- Make sure everyone in the household is aware of the test.
- Position someone in the household at a point farthest away from the smoke detector. This will allow him or her to determine if the alarm can be heard throughout the entire house, or if more devices need to be installed.
- To trigger the alarm, press the test button and listen for the high-pitched alarm. While doing this, it can be a good time to replace the batteries (especially if they haven’t been changed for more than six months) or to remove dust or debris from the device.
Make sure your smoke detectors are installed correctly. Call Allsource Electrical Technologies at 281-451-4245 for appointments in the Houston Metropolitan Area. We guarantee satisfaction.