Videos & Tips
How to install a 3 way switch
How to install GFCI plug
Energy Saver Tips
* Shut off lights, appliances, and TV when you leave the room
* Change incandescent bulbs to compact fluorescent lamps (CFLS)
* Use fans instead of air conditioning
*Reset your thermostat when you are asleep or away from home by using a programmable thermostat,
How to troubleshoot electrical outlets
Follow these steps:
(1) Use a tester or a device that is working to see if you have power. If you have power, it is the device that needs attention.
(2) Check the device – Is the light bulb good? Is the light, appliance, tool or electronic device working? Try hooking it up to another outlet that you know is working.
(3) Check to see if a GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) is tripped. Many times the outlets that follow a GFCI in a circuit are also protected. See if the button has tripped on this or a nearby GFCI receptacles. Reset the GFCI and see if the outlet works.
(4) Check the breaker to see if it has tripped. Are you overloading the circuit? Try moving some items to different plugs and reset the breaker.
(5) Find Help: conduct a search for local electricians : you can search for electrician in Stafford, TX, electrical experts in Houston, commercial electrical contractors Electrician in Katy TX
Did the tester indicate that you do not have power and you do not have a breaker or GFCI tripped? Turn the power off and carefully pull the receptacle out from the box. Double check with the tester to make sure the power is off.
Remove the cover plate and unscrew the outlet from the box. Turn the power back on and use the tester to see if you have power to the black wire attached to the outlet.
WARNING!! Make Sure the Power is OFF!!! BEFORE You Work on Electrical Devices!!!
You have power in the box, but the outlet does not work. Turn the power back off and see if the wires connected to the outlet are loose or corroded. Tighten or clean them and try again. Got it working? Yes, well that’s good, your work here is done. Still not working? You will want to replace the outlet with a new one. Shut the power off and obtain a new outlet.
Remember to call your local small business electrician Allsource Electrical Technologies, LLC for most current information on how to save money, and energy as well if any electrical problems arise. You can contact us by searching electricians near me, electrician Sugar Land TX , commercial electrical contractors and call for your electrician in Houston and your free quote at 281-451-4245.